It is best to understand what Class 3 and 3A driving licences allows you to do.
Both Class 3 and 3A driving licences apply to:
- Vehicles with unladen weight weighing 3,000 kg or less (max 7 passengers with one driver)
- Other vehicles with unladen weight not exceeding 2,500 kg.
However, there are differences between the Class 3 and Class 3A licences.
Class 3 driving licence
- You can drive a car with manual transmission and a clutch pedal.
- You can also drive an automatic transmission vehicle (Class 3A).
- You will need a Class 3 licence to apply for a Class 4 or Class 4A licence.
Class 3A driving licence
- You can drive only an auto transmission car with an automatic transmission.
- You cannot drive manual transmission vehicles (Class 3); and
- You cannot use a Class 3A licence to apply for a Class 4 or Class 4A licence.
Depends on your needs and with the above information, you are able to reach a better decision on which licence to apply for in Singapore.